Saturday, February 25, 2012

copy a table

Hello all!

How to copy a table in MS SQL Server 2000 without chaning a structure? I
mean, I have one table, which has autoincrement numeric field (ID). When
I copy this table by exporting this table into the same database folder
I loose the specification of the field ID. Now it is not autoincrement
field but usual int field. Is it possible to copy this table without
changing data and structure of a table?

Kindest regards
Thank you
Marcin from Poland

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***Marcin Zmyslowski wrote:
> Hello all!
> How to copy a table in MS SQL Server 2000 without chaning a
> structure? I mean, I have one table, which has autoincrement numeric
> field (ID). When I copy this table by exporting this table into the
> same database folder I loose the specification of the field ID. Now
> it is not autoincrement field but usual int field. Is it possible to
> copy this table without changing data and structure of a table?

With DTS copy object might do the trick. Otherwise, create DDL with QA or
EM, create the new table and then copy the data with "SET IDENTITY_INSERT
your_table ON". HTH

robert|||Insert into table1(columns)
select columns from othertable

Madhivanan

No comments:

Post a Comment