Saturday, February 25, 2012

Copy a Database from a remote server and using it on my local machine

Hi and thanks in advance for your help.

I have a dilemma and I need some expert help with this. I am trying to make a copy of a remote Database and then replicated the DB and it's contents on my local machine so I can build a test site to run data with. I tried to remot into the server machine but I guess that feature is not allowed by the honest of the remote machine. Since I build on my local machine and would like to be able to test data on my local machine... I would like to copy the remote DB to my local computer and then I can run my test app on my local server. The version of SQL on the remote machine is SQL Express 2005 and I have SQL 2005 on my machine. Please give me how to accomplish this please.

Dollarjunkie

Check out Red Gate software... Specifically the SQL Compare and Data Compare products. They are fantastic and do exactly what you want... http://redgate.com/ I've used them for years; they save SO much time when developing locally and keeping data/structure in sync.

-Damien

No comments:

Post a Comment