Saturday, February 25, 2012

copy a report

I have a report that I would like to make a copy of so that I can use a
different dataset. how can i do this?I find it easier to do items like this outside of VS (or Report Builder).
Simply copy the rdl file in Windows Explorer, then "Add an Existing Item" to
your report project. You can then you can modify your dataset.
"Dean" wrote:
> I have a report that I would like to make a copy of so that I can use a
> different dataset. how can i do this?
>
>|||Yeah,
Or alternatively... View the code, copy all.. Create a new report... View
the code... Paste..
Done.
"David" <David@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A9520993-F2C4-4A7F-8319-B780EFD7CC73@.microsoft.com...
>I find it easier to do items like this outside of VS (or Report Builder).
> Simply copy the rdl file in Windows Explorer, then "Add an Existing Item"
> to
> your report project. You can then you can modify your dataset.
> "Dean" wrote:
>> I have a report that I would like to make a copy of so that I can use a
>> different dataset. how can i do this?
>>

No comments:

Post a Comment