Tuesday, March 27, 2012

copy from sql to access

I'm attempting to do a clean up on someone else's database (whoopee!),
and I think the back end is on a SQL server, front end in access. I
know little about SQL and would like to get a copy into Access to work
with it for a while, before messing with the real thing. It sounds like
I can import the tables, or use DTS tool, but how do I get the
connections to the forms in the Front end? Is there any way to put it
in access without moving it into another sql server on my machine? I'm
lost. TIA!To copy database from SQL Server to Access you can do the following
1) Create a DTS Package to move the data between databasess
2) Create a lonked server to Access database (For more details see the
BOL)
3)
INSERT INTO OPENDATASOURCE(
'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0', 'Data Source="\\servername\AccessData.mdb"; User
ID=Admin;Password='
)...TableName(col1,col2...)
SELECT col1,col2.... FROM TableName
<hmgeri@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1166076771.130361.39730@.t46g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> I'm attempting to do a clean up on someone else's database (whoopee!),
> and I think the back end is on a SQL server, front end in access. I
> know little about SQL and would like to get a copy into Access to work
> with it for a while, before messing with the real thing. It sounds like
> I can import the tables, or use DTS tool, but how do I get the
> connections to the forms in the Front end? Is there any way to put it
> in access without moving it into another sql server on my machine? I'm
> lost. TIA!
>

No comments:

Post a Comment