Tuesday, March 27, 2012

copy files

Hi,
I have two servers within the same domain. Using CMD Prompt, when I copy
files from one server to another, it works flawlessly, eg. COPY
D:\SQL8Bkup4DRP\*.BAK \\<otherServerName>\D$\SQL8Bkup4DRP
However, when I use the same command in a CMDEXEC step of a job, it gives me
an Access Denied error message.
Any help. Thanks in advance for all your help.Make sure that the account that the SQL Server Agent runs in has permissions
on the source/ destination. Thats the account that jobs run in.
"Rob" <Rob@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3FED8D10-A43F-431A-94EF-0F51271B5E82@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I have two servers within the same domain. Using CMD Prompt, when I copy
> files from one server to another, it works flawlessly, eg. COPY
> D:\SQL8Bkup4DRP\*.BAK \\<otherServerName>\D$\SQL8Bkup4DRP
> However, when I use the same command in a CMDEXEC step of a job, it gives
me
> an Access Denied error message.
> Any help. Thanks in advance for all your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment